One of the things I found when researching into mockumentaries is that almost all of them from recent times have has a hashtag (#) to allow people on Twitter talk to each other about the program they're watching. I decided to include a hashtag in my mockumentary as this will allow my audience to talk about the program whilst watching it. It is also a great way for me to get feedback about my work.
I did this in Premiere by using the Title tool to create a some text which would go on top of my video.
This is the kind of posts I could get if I used a #.
Twitter users are able to see what others are saying about #TheSupply. If #TheSupply was trending on Twitter this can grow my audience immensely.
Thursday, 7 December 2017
Wednesday, 6 December 2017
Monday, 4 December 2017
Sunday, 3 December 2017
I want to add a time stamp onto the start of the lesson. The first thing I did was create a shape on Photoshop and add '9:00AM' onto it
I imported the image into Premiere. Next, I set a custom position for the time stamp to appear off of the screen.
I then decided to have the entire animation of the time stamp moving onto the screen occur in 1 second.
The final result shows a smooth movement of the time stamp. I've decided to have it disappear when the next cut occurs.
Monday, 27 November 2017
The title on a poster must be on of the first things my audience look at when the see my poster. With this in mind, I made decided to use white text with a large font.
For my subtitle I decided to go with "A story of optimism and depression", my audience have voted this to be my subtitle as it implies that the show is a comedy as well as some implications of a teacher's view on their students.
The next review I have was from Sight and Sound magazine, a magazine published by the British Film Institute. This review is a bit more of conversational tone, this allows it to appeal to a wide audience as it would sound more appealing than simply putting a star rating on the front of my poster.
Friday, 24 November 2017
The next step is to add the credits to the poster. I decided to use Niagara Solid as it looks similar to the fonts used in the other posters I analysed. I have included a production company, director, actors, editor, and a director of photography, these are all very common roles to see credited on a poster.